Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BIRTHDAY TIME AGAIN YAY

Okay Birthday time again. Yes this would be my 70 th yes I said 70. The sad part of that is I can no longer say I am in my 60's. This birthday was a great one. I saw my daughters together with me for the first time in 38 years. Was a birthday to remember unlike last year,that I want to forget. I had two birthday days this year, the 24th with my daughters Donna and Kim , then on the 25th with my daughter Amie and her family. Too awesome for words, it was great.

On a sad note this is the year I lost my wife to a rare illness. We were married for 37 years and I sure miss her a great deal. I have a monument in the corner of my living room dedicated to Barbara, including the fireplace she always wanted . It has been a rather big change learning to live alone but I like to think I am doing the best I can. I will always miss my Barbara but life goes on for now.

My company for now is my beloved kittens Ellie and Lexi , and I Think they are starting to understand english, from me talking to them so much, and belive it or not they don't talk back. It has been a big change in lifestyle and I am in hopes of doing things a little different. I am trying to live everyday to the fullest and enjoy everything possible for my age. Belive it or not age, although you are wiser things come a little slower. I can do everything I used to,just a little slower. Well I just wanted to let my MANY fans know I am still above the dirt not below it. For now it is Jim signing off.

2 comments:

NatrLvrnMT said...

Great post, Dad! I love you so much and it was so deeply touching to me to be able to be with you for your 70th birthday, to try to erase the pain from your last birthday.
Don't worry about being 70. Don't ya know they are the 'Sexy Seventies?' Besides, some people like things nice and slow!
I am so sorry that you are having to enter your Sexy 70s alone.. well, you're never really alone. I know Mom/Barbara is always with you and watching over you! I'm glad you have Ellie and Lexi. They really are entertaining. =) And you also have Amie, Cassie and Joe! I'm glad they live so close to you.
Love and miss ya, Dad! Hope you have a great week! {Big hug}

NatrLvrnMT said...

Hey, Dad. Just wondering if you wanted to 'follow' my blog. I think you just click on my photo on your page and it will take you there. Or you can search for Montana Mom's Ramblings.
Hope you're doing okay! We've been having so much trouble with our internet since we came back from Cincy.. I'm wondering if someone somehow hacked into our internet connections. Nothing real new here except that Matt has been really sick with flu-like symptoms. I think maybe the exhaustion and drastic changes in humidity and temp. We've been having almost Fall-like temperatures here!
Love you!!